Moments of Our Nights and Days is a resource book for planning baptisms, naming ceremonies, weddings and civil partnerships and marking the many other significant moments of our nights and days. There are resources that do not assume any faith commitment, as well as resources that reflect Christian belief. Sections include:
- Approaching birth
- Birth and birth blessings
- Baptism and naming ceremonies for young children
- Sentences and blessings for baptisms, naming ceremonies and dedications
- Bits and pieces for baptisms, dedications, blessings and naming ceremonies
- Liturgies of baptism for older children and adults
- Parenthood and grandparenthood
- School and growing up
- Celebrating friendship
- Liturgies for celebrating relationships, marriages and partnerships
- Sentences and blessings for marriage and partnership ceremonies
- Bits and pieces for celebrating relationships, marriages and partnerships
- Breakdown of relationships
- Work and unemployment
- Health and caring
- Moments of our days
- Being who I am
- Growing older
- Prayers for travelling
Moments of Our Nights and Days is a companion book to Saying Goodbye, a resource book for funerals, also published by Wild Goose Publications. Ruth Burgess is the author of several other worship resource books for the various seasons and festivals, including Candles and Conifers, Hay and Stardust, Eggs and Ashes, Fire and Bread, Bare Feet and Buttercups and Acorns and Archangels.
Keep us alert on our journeying, God:
full of wonder
strong in your strength
cherished in our weakness.
Summon us to live
in your loving justice
with friend and with stranger
and with those we find hard to love.
In bad times and good times
you are always with us,
Gifter of the moments
of our nights and days.
– Ruth Burgess
This item is available in three different formats, plus a combined-format package. For more information about e-books and the various formats available, click here.
Downloading your file
After your payment has gone through, you will receive an email with a link to click and a code number to paste into a box on the download page.
If you don't receive this email, please let us know (email@example.com). Remember to look in your junk folder if you have one, as it might have ended up in there.