- What is an e-book or downloadable book?
An e-book is a book in the form of a digital file which can be accessed instantly when purchased and can be read on computer screens, e-book readers, iPhones, iPads and other hand-held reading devices.
- Which format to buy?
Most of our e-books are available in three different formats, with the extra option of buying all three formats combined in one package. The formats are:
- Adobe PDF (which can be read with Adobe Reader or Adobe Digital Editions software, obtainable free of charge from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/). PDFs retain the formatting of the original printed editions.
- ePub (which can be read with Adobe Digital Editions software on computers and is used by many e-book readers such as the Nook, Kobo, Sony and iPad). ePub is a standard e-book format with flowable text, so that the reader can choose font size, page size etc and the document will re-flow accordingly. To download the free of charge Adobe Digital Editions software, go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/
- Mobipocket is the format to buy for a KIndle (see http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375630 for more help). You can also transfer the file to your Kindle via your Kindle email address. Your Kindle email address can be found by visiting https://kindle.amazon.com/. Once you have signed into your Amazon account there will be an option in the top right-hand corner called ‘Manage your Kindle’. Click on this and then select the ‘personal document settings’ which will appear down the left-hand side. Make a note of your Kindle email address and then send an email to this account attaching your e-book. If you then sign into your email on your Kindle, you will be able to access the file on your device.
- The Mobipocket format can also be read on PCs operating the Windows system and a range of PDAs, such as Blackberry, and devices operating Windows Mobile, Symbian Os, Palm Os. To download the free of charge Mobipocket software go to http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/ProductDetailsReader.asp but this is not necessary for a Kindle.
- How to purchase an e-book
You should choose the format required from the list before putting the item in the shopping cart. When you have ordered and paid for the e-book, you will receive an email with a link that allows you to download the book.
If you have further questions, please email us at: email@example.com
- E-book and digital download terms and conditions
Distribution of e-books and digital downloads to other individuals or groups is not permitted.
All e-books and downloads from Wild Goose Publications are non-refundable and non-returnable but we will supply another e-book format free of charge if you find you have bought the wrong one.